FoodSaver FreshSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealing System
by Betty Morgan
The FoodSaver FoodFresh Vacuum Sits on the Chez Bettay Kitchen Countertop with the FoodSaver Jar Sealers Hanging on 3M Wall Hooks.
The FoodSaver FreshSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealing System is great for keeping vegan food items fresh longer. It’s compact-size and ease of use won me over because my kitchen space is SMALL. Its sleek design looks great on my kitchen countertop and makes it convenient for use in resealing jars quickly. I keep the FoodSaver Jar Adapters on the wall with 3-M Hooks for easy access when sealing my jars. The FoodSaver FreshSaver system also works with their new FoodSaver Vacuum Zipper Bags and FoodSaver Deli Containers, but my favorite sealing containers are assorted sizes of glass mason jars.
Over the last six months, I have moved away from plastic storage to glass storage containers. Mason jars are my NEW favorite storage containers. They work perfectly, allowing me to vacuum seal them between uses for items used in my vegan recipes.
In order to use the FoodSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealer with mason jars, you will need to also purchase the the FoodSaver Jar Sealers.
The Base is the FreshSaver Charging Base for the Handheld Vacuum
Food Saver FreshSaver Instructions Manual
FoodSaver FreshSaver Vacuum Features
• Rechargeable handheld vacuum appliance for use with specially designed zipper bags and deli containers
• Great for everyday use
• One-touch operation vacuums airtight with the press of a button
• Easy clean nozzle catches overflow liquids and is dishwasher safe
• Handheld device can be conveniently stored in a drawer for easy access
• An adapter is required for mason jar tops: small and large
FoodSaver® FreshSaver® Handheld Vacuum Sealing System.
How to Use the FoodSaver FreshSaver Vacuum
• Be sure your FreshSaver is fully charged BEFORE sealing.
• Always clean the rim of the jar BEFORE placing the flat inner canning lid over the rim... make sure the rim seal is clean and dry too.
• Leave at least 1/2 inch space from the top BEFORE vacuuming.
• Press the vacuum nozzle over over the jar sealer hole making sure it is flat against the surface for a perfect seal during the vacuum
• Press the vacuum button and listen for the difference in tone of the motor. When you release the nozzle you should hear an audible hiss or pucker sound
• To release the seal, use a spoon, knife, or bottle opener to release the lid
The FoodSaver Wide-Mouth Jar Sealer Accessory
The FoodSaver Wide-Mouth Jar Sealer works perfectly with the FoodSaver FreshSaver Handheld Vacuum Fresh and fits Ball and Kerr Mason Jars to keep foods fresh longer. I have half gallon jars vacuum packed with fresh sliced romaine lettuce, Sprouted Buckwheat, dehydrated tomatoes, Chia Seeds, raw cacao powder, etc. The FoodSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealer with the the FoodSaver Wide-Mouth Jar Sealer allows me to preserve the freshness of nuts, fragile food items, and dry goods like brown sugar, spices, dried fruit and coconut. The FoodSaver Wide-Mouth Jar Sealer fits standard Mason-type jar lids to create a vacuum seal that locks out air, the enemy of freshness. If you plan on using half-pint and pint mason jars, purchase the FoodSaver Regular-Mouth Jar Sealer too.
• For Use with Mason-Type Jars
• Perfect for Jams and Jellies
• Keeps Fragile Foods and Dry Goods Fresh Longer in jars
• Large Jar Sealer measures approximately 4-1/2 by 4-1/2 by 2-1/2 inches (quart and half-gallon mason jars)
• Small Jar Sealer measures approximately 3-1/2 by 3-1/2 by 2-1/4 inches (half-pint and pint size mason jars)
The Complete FoodSaver FoodFresh Vacuum Package
The FoodSaver FreshSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealer and the FoodSaver Jar Sealers make a perfect combination for any vegan kitchen! BUY them and start vacuum sealing all your favorite foods, you won't be disappointed!
BUY the FoodSaver FreshSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealer
BUY the FoodSaver T03-0023-01 Wide-Mouth Jar Sealer
BUY the FoodSaver T03-0006-02P Regular-Mouth Jar Sealer
Sprouted Buckwheat Cereal Sealed in a Mason Jar Using the FoodSaver Fresh Saver Handheld Vacuum Sealer and the Wide Mouth Jar Sealer Attachment
Sprouted Buckwheat Breakfast Cereal